About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pulled Pork (Easy)

Pulled Pork served on onion buns with Que Pasta Mexican Mac & Cheese by Rachael Ray


 Pulled Pork or BBQ Pork for Sandwiches

 

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/BBQ-Pork-for-Sandwiches/Detail.aspx
 Ingredients
  • 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
  • 3 pounds boneless pork ribs
  • 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
Directions
  1. Pour can of beef broth into slow cooker, and add boneless pork ribs. Cook on High heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours or until meat shreds easily. Remove meat, drain broth, and shred with two forks.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Transfer the shredded pork to a Dutch oven, a Pyrex glass baking dish, or an iron skillet, and stir in barbeque sauce. (What I do here is I pour the broth down the drain that I cooked the pork in all day and then I just pour the entire contents of the cooked pork into the dish I am going to bake it in the oven and I shred the pork with two forks and pull out the bones and fat, then I proceed to mix in the barbecue sauce, evenly mix it in and bake it uncovered.)
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through. (The shredded pork crisps up and doesn't dry during this baking process.)  
This is a very easy, yet yummy recipe for making pulled pork. I like to 'spice' mine up myself for my family and I mix in about 1/4 cup chili paste, the brand I use is sold in Wal-Mart on the aisle with the Asian foods, the brand is called Sambal Oelek. (Picture below) In my family we like some 'kick' to our meals but if you like yours 'safe' then I suggest leaving this chili paste out.

Sambal Oelek Chili Paste



No comments:

Post a Comment