About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken (Easy)

I have made this recipe twice now and it is oh so very good and juicy!  Chicken breast sometimes can be overcooked and dry and oh so unappealing.
I like to make green rice on the side for this meal. http://tastytalkwithamy.blogspot.com/2011/07/green-rice-easy.html
This is a very simple recipe to prepare. It cooks up in no time at all.  I changed the recipe from the way it was originally written.  The amount of spices called for are too little, I doubled mine and the doubled amount will be how I type up this recipe so you won't have to worry about doubling it for yourself if you should prepare it. 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-garlic-lime-chicken/detail.aspx

Ingredients:

1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I pounded mine thin with a rolling pin between plastic wrap, helps them to cook evenly and faster)

2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons lime juice

Directions:

  1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts and rub in. 
  2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce. 

I place one chicken breast at a time between a sheet of plastic wrap and pound it to about 1/2 inch thick.
Needed spices
These are the doubled spices and as you can see they are not a lot. Remember my typed up recipe is the doubled amount.
Pounded thin, seasoned, and ready to go in the frying pan.
Just starting out the first 6 minutes of frying them on one side.
Lime juice is the last thing to add once you have cooked them 6 minutes on each side. See my little sunflower in the background.  :)
Dinner is served! Green rice on the side. Love that green rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment