About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Monday, August 1, 2011

California-Style Barbecue Chicken Pizza (Easy)



Wow! What a delicious pizza! I could not stop saying that during dinner tonight. It was well-received by my family as well. This one will be a definite keeper for dinners in the future! Loved it! So easy to prepare too, love that as well. The cheese topping is a new cheese by Kraft called Kraft Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, talk about delish! The recipe for this pizza is on the back of the bag as well so if you are in the grocery store and you want to make this pizza but can't remember what you need for it, just pick up a bag of this cheese and read the back.


http://allrecipes.com/recipe/california-style-barbecue-chicken-pizza/detail.aspx


Ingredients

  • 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips (I used one pack of boneless, skinless chicken breast, approximately 3 breasts in the pack, I cut them up thinly into strips with scissors then cooked them in a non-stick skillet with some olive oil)
  • 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
  • 1/4 cup thin red onion slices (I basically used one entire red onion, a good sized one too)
  • 1 (12 inch) ready-to-use baked pizza crust (I used one of those pizza dough rolls that are sold in the refrigerated section alongside the crescent rolls, picture down below)
  • 1/3 cup BULL'S-EYE Original Barbecue Sauce (I used way more than that, use your own judgment, my pizza was not a circle but a rectangle shape, much bigger)
  • 1 1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA (I used two bags of this shredded cheese, yum!)

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.(What is left out in this recipe and that is because they are suggesting a ready-to-use baked pizza crust which I didn't, is that you need to first bake your pizza dough if you are using the refrigerated kind first in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then add the toppings and then bake again for another 10 minutes)
  2. Cook and stir chicken and vegetables in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 4 to 5 min. or until chicken is done.(I did not cook both the chicken and veggies in the same skillet, did not want to cross-contaminate the veggies with the raw meat, I chose to use two separate skillets)
  3. Spread pizza crust with barbecue sauce; top with chicken mixture and cheese. Place crust directly on middle oven rack.
  4. Bake 15 to 18 min. or until cheese is melted.(only if you are using a ready-to-use pizza crust but if you are using the refrigerated pizza dough then only for 10 minutes once all the toppings are on including the cheese) 
I cooked my boneless, skinless chicken breast in a frying pan with some olive oil. Make sure you make them easy to bite into when you cut them up.
Red onion sliced thinly and green peppers sliced into strips with a little olive oil to saute and soften.
Refrigerated pizza crust dough. I like using this better than an all ready made crust.
I rolled it onto my rectangle-shaped Pampered Chef cooking stone, you can use aluminum as well I just prefer my stone for this pizza. I baked this crust first for 10 minutes before I put my toppings on top.
The barbecue sauce recommended.
The awesome cheese topping! I used 2 of these.
I was generous in my application of barbecue sauce as well as the red onion and green pepper. I put the chicken on top of the barbecue sauce first then the veggies.
The two bags of Triple Cheddar Cheese with a touch of Philadelphia. Yum to the maximum!
All done baking and my does it smell wonderful!
One of the two slices I had for dinner, I could have eaten more but that is a lot of cheese and I was saving room for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment