About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Green Chile Cheeseburgers (Easy)

Green Chile Cheeseburger served on a grilled whole wheat bun.


This burger was and will be forever a hit at my dinner table! When my husband took his first bite of this burger he said this is better than mine. Now don't get me wrong, his burgers are still great in my book but this one definitely gives his a run for the money. It was not a difficult burger to make although it was falling apart on the grill and I had to be super careful with flipping it, one started crumbling on the grill so I never flipped it, I did manage to cook all the way not being flipped on a low flame on the upper rack of the grill, I did not want to burn them on the lower rack. The next time I make these burgers I am going to have to include the "glue" that holds them together which will be adding about 1/2 cup bread crumbs and 1 egg other than that I would not change a thing, well maybe adding already cooked crumbled bacon to the meat mixture before making patties and oh yeah, doubling the recipe for sure, love leftovers, if there are any!


http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/green-chile-cheeseburgers/

Ingredients

FOR THE BURGERS:
1 pound Ground Beef, 80/20
¼ cup Grated Sweet Onion (I used my food processor to grate my sweet onion, picture below)
¼ cup BBQ Sauce
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
Salt And Pepper, to taste
FOR THE SAUCE:
1 can Diced Green Chiles, 4 Ounce Can
½ cups Green Enchilada Sauce
FOR ASSEMBLY:
4 whole Thick Slices Monterey Jack Cheese {or Any Other Cheese You Like}(I used pepper jack slices)
4 whole Hamburger Buns
Any Other Desired Burger Toppings Such As Tomatoes, Lettuce, Etc.

Preparation Instructions

Preheat outdoor grill to medium high.(Once I put the burgers on the top rack I turned the flame to low)
In a large bowl, mix all of the burger ingredients together. Divide the meat mixture into 4 even sized balls and form into patties with a slight depression in the middle of the patty for even cooking.
Put burgers onto the hot grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until done to your liking. Once you flip your patties once, top with a slice of cheese and cover the grill so that the cheese melts. Toast buns in the last two minutes of cooking, if desired. Remove everything from grill.

In a small bowl, stir together green chiles and enchilada sauce. Microwave for about 60 seconds to warm the mixture and set aside.

Build burger placing your cheeseburger on a bottom bun and then topping with lots of green chile sauce and any other desired toppings.

The food processor is "great"! for grating your sweet onion!
My 1/4 cup grated sweet onion for raw burger mixture.
The hamburger patties ready to go on the grill.
I could not find green enchilada sauce in the grocery store so I substituted with this La Costena green Mexican Salsa and it tasted great!
The green chiles mixed with the green enchilada sauce warmed, the topping.
As you can see the burgers shrunk, that is why I will be doubling this recipe the next time I make it and also you can see that one of them looks lumpy, that is because it was crumbling on the grill, next time I will use "glue" (bread crumbs and an egg) to hold it together better. One slice of pepper jack cheese melted over each patty.
My dinner plate, I had a cold pasta salad on the side and this was enough for my meal. The pasta salad is Suddenly Salad, Caesar flavor. My fave!

No comments:

Post a Comment