About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

3-Cheese Veggie Pizza (Easy)

When you cook a lot of recipes you can somewhat start to create versions of something you made in the past and merge it with another idea.  Well that is what I did with this recipe.  This crust recipe comes from a recipe I already made and blogged about http://tastytalkwithamy.blogspot.com/2011/11/low-fat-broccoli-pizza-easy.html I really do like that crust and it is very easy to make, 4 ingredients and no oil.  I found this other recipe http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Personal-Veggie-Pizzas and I used all the toppings it suggested on my favorite homemade crust.  If you are crunched for time and do not want to make the homemade crust then I would suggest buying Mama Mary's Wheat Pizza Crust or anything similar or use your own pizza crust recipe, whichever you like.  This pizza has no red sauce instead it is olive oil seasoned with minced fresh garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, and if you like you can also add some basil. I brushed that seasoned olive oil mixture over the entire crust and then sprinkled shredded Parmesan cheese over that; then layered fresh, sliced Roma(plum) tomatoes on top, crumbled feta cheese over that, then some shredded mozzarella cheese, chopped sweet onion that I sauteed first to soften, fresh sliced mushrooms, fresh broccoli florets that I microwaved for a couple minutes to soften, and finally a sprinkling of red pepper flakes.  This pizza was AWESOME! Serves 4, 2 slices each. 

INGREDIENTS:

Crust:
  • 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 12 oz beer
Sauce:
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp basil (optional)
Toppings:
  • 2-4 tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 3 Roma (plum) tomatoes, sliced thinly
  • 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion (I sauteed mine first in a frying pan with a little olive oil to soften the onion, I don't know about you but I am not a fan of eating raw onion)
  • 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
  • 1/4 - 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Crust preparation: Mix all 4 crust ingredients together in mixing bowl. Spray cooking spray on pizza pan.  Spread dough over pizza pan.  
  2. In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, oregano. salt, pepper, and basil if you chose to add it; spread over the crust. 
  3. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with thinly sliced tomatoes, feta, mozzarella, sauteed onions, mushrooms, broccoli and red pepper flakes.
  4. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. 
Serves 4, 2 slices each.

I use a Pampered Chef pizza stone for making my pizzas. Love it. I first spray it with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Instead of a red sauce, an olive oil sauce spread on top of the crust.
Sprinkled shredded Parmesan cheese on top of the olive oil sauce.
Sliced Roma tomatoes sprinkled with crumbled feta cheese.
I did not smother the pizza with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Finally add the sauteed onions, mushrooms, broccoli and red pepper flakes.
All done baking! What a delicious pie!
My slice times two! Later on that evening I had to sneak a 3rd slice before bed because I just could not resist it calling me back! Sooo good! Make it, you will not be sorry you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment