About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Roasted Gourmet Broccoli (Easy)

I found this recipe on Pinterest and when I read the title calling it the best broccoli of your life and after reading the description I just had to make it.  I was not disappointed!!!  I am always up for finding a new and different way to prepare and enjoy broccoli and I definitely found it in this recipe!  I will be incorporating this side into future meals from here on out or until I get sick of it, whichever comes first!   This recipe really can be adjusted for any amount of people, you can eyeball the amount of all the ingredients needed to make it for any number of people.  This recipe I made served 4.

http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2008/11/the_best_brocco.html

Ingredients:
  • 4-5 lbs broccoli, really any amount will do depending on your family's size
  • 5 tbsp olive oil, 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil for after the baking process
  • 1 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 4 garlic cloves, sliced or minced (I used minced)
  • 1 lemon, zested and juice from it 
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  
  2. Rinse your broccoli and dry well. Cut off the broccoli florets and place them in a bowl large enough to contain them with a lid for shaking the 5 tbsp of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.  Cover and shake well to coat.
  3. Put the broccoli on a cookie sheet. 
  4. Roast in the oven 20-25 minutes until crisp/tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned. 
  5. When done baking, take out of the oven; zest one lemon over the broccoli, squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli (microwave the lemon for 30 seconds so that when you squeeze it over the broccoli it juices out easily). Add 1.5 more tablespoons of olive oil drizzled over the broccoli.
  6. Sprinkle the 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese over it all.
Enjoy!

I don't know how much broccoli this is but this is the amount I used and it served 4 people and it filled my cookie sheet full.
An example of a bowl I used that comes with a lid so that I can shake the broccoli up to coat it with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
The first set of ingredients needed to flavor the raw broccoli with.
You can't really tell here unless you look closely at the sides of the bowl and see the bits of garlic clinging to it but it is seasoned and coated with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
Ready to go in the oven. You can see the bits of garlic throughout.
Once the broccoli has roasted in the oven, these are the next set of ingredients you add on top plus a drizzle of olive oil, not pictured.
Once done roasting. Look how yummy that is! Ahh but wait, one more step to go before it becomes delectable!
Lemon zested, lemon juiced, and Parmesan cheese topped off.
I gobbled that portion up in like a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment