About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Creamy White Lasagna w/Chicken & Artichoke (Easy)

I thought my days of making an entire lasagna dish were over because of a recipe I found on Pinterest for lasagna roll-ups until I found this recipe through Pinterest and fell in love again with another way to make lasagna. This meal is so stinkin delish! If you don't believe me, make it yourself. You will have to agree. This dish will produce 12 pieces, approximately 6 servings depending on what you add for sides to it. I just added a fresh salad and had two slices. I started out with one trying to be a good girl but I just had to go back for a second piece. It made a great breakfast as well for me the next day!

Recipe credit: Tasty Tidbits by way of Taste of Home

Serves 6

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (I boiled mine then cut them up into small, bite-sized cubes)
  • 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts in water, drained, chopped
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA, divided
  • 1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (I found these the HEB store brand at HEB)
  • 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
  • 1 cup low-fat milk
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil, chopped, divided (I did not have fresh so I used dried and eyeballed how much I wanted to use)
  • 12 lasagna noodles, cooked

Directions:
  1. HEAT oven to 350°F.
  2. COMBINE chicken, artichokes, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan and tomatoes. Beat cream cheese, milk and garlic powder with mixer until well blended; stir in 2 Tbsp. basil. Mix half with the chicken mixture.
  3. SPREAD half the remaining cream cheese mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with 3 noodles and 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Repeat layers of noodles and chicken mixture twice. Top with remaining noodles, cream cheese mixture and mozzarella; cover.
  4. BAKE 25 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Let stand 5 min. before cutting to serve.

Yum! Look at that close up of white, layered yummy goodness!
My dinner plate or so I thought until I had to go back for seconds!

1 comment:

  1. Looks very similar to a lasagna dinner I make with artichoke hearts. I'll have to post the recipe and compare. : )

    ReplyDelete