About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake (Easy)

This mug makes enough for 2, share it with someone you love!
Chocolate lovers beware! This is so delicious and so quick and easy to make! It is just enough chocolate to satisfy that chocolate craving inside of you and I was having one tonight and I needed to feed that beast! I shared this and always do with my husband, sometimes one of my kids too or sometimes I sneak and make it just for he and me, like tonight.  Guilty! A glass of milk is a must! I have all these ingredients usually laying around so it is not like I have to run to the grocery store to get anything for this chocolate craving. Oh yes, and a very large mug would be in order for this...just a suggestion.  :)

  • 1 Coffee Mug
  • 4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional) some nuts (optional) (I definitely use the chocolate chips, chopped walnuts or pecans would be yummy too)
  • Small splash of vanilla
  • Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
  • Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
  • Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
  • Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
  • Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes on high.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT!  (this can serve 2 if you want to share!)

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

1 comment: