About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Healthy Chocolate Avocado Shake (Quick and Easy)

Triple recipe, fills the blender up perfectly, this feeds my husband and I breakfast.



I triple this recipe and make it for my husband and I for breakfast, very filling and satisfying for hours in the tummy. Avocados are a good fat, they have 60% more potassium than bananas, they are rich in Vitamin B, they have approximately 6 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein per fruit. If you are lactose intolerant then use Almond milk or a lactose-free milk. Such a creamy breakfast or any time of the day shake, healthier than a chocolate ice cream shake too!

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 regular sized avocado, ripened
  • 1 tbsp. Hershey's cocoa
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • few ice cubes, I add these after I have blended all the other ingredients and then blend one last time to break up the ice

Throw all the ingredients in the blender and blend away. You can alter it to be as chocolaty as you want or as sweet as you want it to be with adding more honey and chocolate. This is a very healthy shake and it tastes like you are eating an ice cream shake. LOVE IT!

Shared evenly. So satisfying and so filling, you won't believe you are drinking healthy when you have this for the first time! Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment