About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Skillet Green Beans, Tomatoes & Bacon (Easy)

Sometimes you get tired of just having fresh green beans steamed with some butter and salt and want to add some pizzazz to them. I found this recipe on Kraft's website, tried it, it was yummy and very easy to make. 

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/skillet-green-beans-tomatoes-50895.aspx

Ingredients:

6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces (I left the bacon in strips and then fried it, when cooled I crumbled it by hand)
1 large  onion, chopped
1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup  chicken broth
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 medium  plum tomatoes, chopped (I had to look up online what a plum tomato was, it is a Roma tomato) 
 

Directions:


COOK bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Transfer bacon with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain, reserving drippings in skillet.
ADD onions to drippings in skillet; cook and stir 6 min. or until lightly browned. Add beans, broth and pepper; mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 40 min. or until beans are tender.( I found it did not take 40 minutes for the green beans to become tender, taste 15-20 minutes into cooking process to see if they have softened up)
STIR in tomatoes; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 3 min. or until tomatoes are heated through. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve warm.


Yum!
 

What a plum tomato looks like aka Roma tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment