About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Banana drink (Easy)

My breakfast or a drink for any time of the day

There is a name for this, it is in another language and Juanita who told me about this banana drink can say it but she said she can't spell it so I will resort to just calling it a banana drink. I am not a banana person, I just can't pick up a banana and eat it as is, call it a texture thing for me but I can drink it in a shake, eat it in banana bread form, or the peanut butter and banana sandwich that Elvis made famous, sometimes he ate his with bacon as well, I don't know if I would go that far. Cinnamon has many health benefits, just to name one of them 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can help to lower LDL cholesterol, the bad cholesterol. LDL is called “Bad” Cholesterol because it can build up in the wall of arteries and that is the major cause of heart disease. If you want to read more about the benefits of cinnamon click here: http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/10-health-benefits-of-cinnamon.html

Ingredients:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 8 ice cubes

Directions:
In a blender add milk, banana, cinnamon, blend. Once blended, add the ice cubes and crush, pour in a glass and drink up! Makes 3 cups worth approximately. I can drink the entire amount for just me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment