About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Coconut Ginger Jasmine Rice (Easy)


This is a very light tasting rice and oh so easy to make! Definitely add the shredded coconut to this rice once cooked because the coconut milk is so light tasting, I tasted it before adding the shredded coconut, and I was disappointed. I was so glad once I added the shredded coconut to the already cooked rice that the rice had a light taste of coconut to it. The fresh ginger also is very subtle in taste to me. I am not found of ginger, I find it is very strong tasting but the one tablespoon added in then cooked with the rice really is not strong after all. Cilantro, why cilantro? Not really sure but it adds a nice touch of color to the dish and to be honest I could barely taste it at all as well. All the ingredients combined make a light, sweet tasting rice and it was a nice compliment to a fish dish I made called Crispy Honey Lime Tilapia. http://tastytalkwithamy.blogspot.com/2011/08/crispy-honey-lime-tilapia-easy.html



http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/sidedishes/coconut-ginger-jasmine-rice/


Ingredients

  • 2 cups Jasmine Rice
  • 2 cups Water
  • 1 cup Lite Coconut Milk
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, Minced
  • ¼ cups Grated Sweetened Coconut
  • 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, Chopped

Directions:
  1. In a medium stock pot add the jasmine rice. Cover in cold water and wash the rice by moving your fingers through the rice and draining until the water runs pure without any milkiness. (This may take about three rinses.)
  2. Place rinsed rice back into the pot and combine the 2 cups water, coconut milk, salt, and ginger; bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer, cover tightly with a lid and continue simmering for 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
  3. Remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes.
  4. Fluff rice lightly with a fork and combine cooked rice with grated coconut and cilantro. Mix gently and serve warm.
2 cups cooked Coconut Ginger Jasmine Rice
Coconut Ginger Jasmine Rice served with Crispy Honey Lime Tilapia alongside carrots with butter and brown sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment