About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fruit Smoothie (Easy)

My son came home from school the other day and was in the mood for a "shake" but what he really meant was something healthy, not ice cream related.  I had already showed him how to make the banana drink http://tastytalkwithamy.blogspot.com/2011/08/banana-drink-easy.html but we were out of bananas so he couldn't make that after school and I didn't need to grocery shop for a few more days.  I knew we had frozen fruits in the freezer for my husband's usual breakfast smoothie so I took from his bag of fruits, used some of his whey protein powder (shh, don't tell him LOL!), a cup of milk, oh yeah borrowed some of his Greek yogurt as well and blended it all together in the blender and there you have it, a fruit smoothie!  I know it is nothing new but it is healthy and very filling.  This recipe makes approximately 3 cups once all is added to the blender and I can drink it all by myself for a meal and I just love the gritty texture from all the seeds from the fruits.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 cups assorted frozen fruits, by using frozen you have no need for ice cubes ( I use blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries) Wal-Mart sells their Great Value brand of frozen fruits with no sugar added and I prefer those and they are not as expensive as the name brands and are just as good.
  • 1 scoop whey protein powder
  • 3 tablespoons Greek Yogurt

Directions:
Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend away. Enjoy!

I buy all these fruits individually and then I pour them all into a gallon sized Ziploc and shake it up and store it in the freezer and scoop from that bag for my smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment