About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Turkey Tacos (Easy)

Everybody wants to eat healthier these days. I substitute ground turkey instead of ground beef when I make tacos and we really like them that way; don't even miss the traditional ground beef style.  I do a little something extra to mine that my sister told me about, cilantro and lime rice; it adds more 'meat' to the taco and not to mention flavor. Ole'! It is a very fast and easy meal to prepare when you are in a hurry.  This recipe serves 3, possibly 4 people.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 taco seasoning packet, any kind you like
  • shredded lettuce
  • diced tomatoes
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups white rice
  • 1 lime
  • 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
  • 10 pack of flour tortillas, warmed

Directions:
  1. Start out cooking your rice, now I use a rice cooker, makes the process of cooking rice quick and easy. I follow the directions on the bag for cooking rice and I add the limes sliced in quarters before the start of the actual cooking process. Squeeze the lime juice into the uncooked rice as well as the lime quarters themselves;  add the entire one bunch of chopped cilantro; mix well and cook like you would as if it were just plain white rice.
  2. In a frying pan, fry your ground turkey just like you would ground beef for tacos. Add the taco seasoning as directed.
  3. Once the rice is done cooking; take a warmed flour tortilla lay some lime and cilantro rice down the middle, top with the taco seasoned ground turkey, add your shredded cheddar, diced tomatoes, and shredded lettuce. Eat and enjoy!

Lime and cilantro for the rice.
Quartered limes.
Before cooking in the rice cooker.
Done cooking, just have to remove the limes and stir up the cilantro again.
Lime and cilantro rice fully cooked and ready to eat.
Turkey taco ingredients
Toppings
First put some lime and cilantro rice on your tortilla.
Next layer your seasoned turkey taco meat.
Finally add the diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and shredded cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment