About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Seasoned Pretzels (Easy)

Yummy!  My sister gave me this recipe and I finally got around to getting all the ingredients to make them!  Very simple to make and a great snack for watching football, a movie, playing a board game, etc.  Try em', you'll like them too!

Ingredients:
  • 2 bags of pretzel twists or sticks, about 16-20 oz per bag  (I could only find 10 oz bags and bought two, worked just fine for me)
  • 1/3 cup of Orville Redenbacher's Butter Flavor Popcorn oil
  • 1 package Ranch dressing (dry)
  • 1 tbsp. Dill weed
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. Garlic powder

Directions:
  1. Mix: oil, ranch dressing powder, dill, and garlic powder in a glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave about 1 minute.
  2. Put both bags of pretzels in a large Ziploc, I used a 2.5 gallon Ziploc, and dump heated oil mix onto pretzels in bag. SHAKE and let sit for a while to allow for sticking and absorption.

Serve and enjoy!

Everything you need to make your seasoned pretzels.
Seasoning ingredients needed.
Before the seasoning mixture.
Heated seasoning mixture.
Pretzels seasoned and allowing for absorption to take place. The big Ziploc is also great for storing them in.

6 comments:

  1. I just wanted to check the measurements of the spices please. I followed your recipe but when I heated it up in the microwave it coagulated? Shouldn't it be runny to coat the pretzels? Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The measurements are stated, a packet of dry Ranch dressing which on the packet says 1 oz., 1 tbsp dill weed, and 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder, mixed into 1/3 cup of the Orville's butter oil. Did you mix the ingredients before warming up in the microwave as well as after? Mine did not coagulate as you can see from the picture. All microwaves vary in how hot they heat up food items, could it be possibly that yours might have been set to high when you heated it up? I really can't say what else could have caused it to coagulate. Sorry.

      Delete
  2. Question concerning your pretzel measurements. The recipe reads two 16-20 oz bags. You could only find 10 oz so you bought 2. Wouldn't you need 4 bags

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only needed the two, 10 oz bags, and they were very nicely coated as a result. If I would have been able to have found two 16-20 oz bags, the coating may have been less in distribution over each pretzel stick. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just mixed my ingredients and they coagulation as well are you meaning 1teaspoon or tablespoon ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1 tsp or 1 tbsp of what? The ingredients listed state tbsp.

      Delete