About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Healthy Low-Fat Veggie Pizza (Easy)

I saw this healthy pizza made on the Dr. Oz show and immediately incorporated it into my dinner menu.  Wow, you feel so good and guilt-free after eating one complete pizza and oh so content!  My husband and I really liked it.  It is all vegetables and some goat cheese crumbles.  I  have never eaten goat cheese before, it tasted good on this pizza. I will so be making this pizza again and again.  The easiest way to eat this pizza is to fold it in half like a healthy veggie taco.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-dows-booster-pizza

Servings: 2-4

Ingredients:
  • 4 whole wheat tortillas
  • 2 - 28 oz cans diced tomatoes, strained
  • 1 -14 oz can quartered artichokes in water, drained
  • 2 red onions, sliced in half, sauteed in a drizzle of olive oil
  • fresh spinach leaves
  • 8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
  • Goat cheese crumbles
  • Oregano, basil, rosemary to taste
  • fresh minced garlic to taste

Directions:
Heat oven to 350° F degrees.  Place a wheat tortilla on a baking sheet,  spread 1/4 - 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes on top, sprinkle with garlic, oregano, basil, and rosemary. Top with quartered artichokes, fresh spinach, cooked red onions, sliced mushrooms, and lastly sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of crumbled goat cheese on top. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.  Enjoy!

All the healthy toppings ready to go.
First layer is the diced tomatoes.
Seasonings added next including minced garlic. I did not use garlic powder. I used jarred spices but if you have the fresh ones on hand, then by all means use them.
The rest of the toppings added and ready to go in the oven for 15 minutes.

 One serving, all finished baking. The tortilla edges crisp up quite nicely. Fold in half and eat like a taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment