About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Banana Bread (Easy)

What a different take on banana bread!  Love it!  This was the first piece, hot out of the oven and a glass of milk is definitely in order with this dessert bread!!!!  I could have eaten more than one slice but I exercised self-control, not to mention it was 9 o'clock at night!  Eating a dessert that late at night before bed is a no-no for anyone really.  It smelled wonderful baking and the temptation from smell alone was too much! 

http://cookiesandcups.com/reeses-peanut-butter-banana-bread/


Ingredients
  • 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 8 oz bag of Reese’s Mini cups (I could not find an 8oz bag so I bought the 12 oz bag and I used 25 mini Reese's cups)


Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Grease your loaf pan with butter or shortening. (I sprayed mine with nonstick cooking spray and it stuck somewhat on the bottom but not too much, a little spot here and there)
  3. In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
  4. In a large bowl stir together your bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars.
  5. Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.
  6. Fold in your Reese’s Mini cups and spread batter into prepared pan.
  7. Bake for approx 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. (I used a butter knife instead)
  8. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack. (You will need to loosen the edges with a knife before popping out of the bread pan, it will stick somewhat)

*I baked my bread in a Pampered Chef stoneware loaf pan, you don’t have to, you can use metal or glass but if you notice the bread browning too fast, lower the temperature down to 325°. I used a butter knife to test for doneness and after the initial hour it needed about 5 minutes longer to bake fully.

My Pampered Chef Stoneware bread loaf pan sprayed generously with cooking spray.
Adding my dry ingredients to my moist ingredients.
Wet and dry fully mixed. Next will be adding the Reese's cups.
The smallest bag ounce-wise that I could find for Reese's mini peanut butter cups. It is a 12 oz bag, could not find any 8oz bag.  This bag came with 39 cups, I used 25. Save the rest for one of those chocolate/peanut butter fixes for another day!
25 peeled Reese's peanut butter cups!
Pour the peeled Reese's cups into the all ready batter and fold carefully.
Be gentle in the folding process.
Ready to go in the oven for baking!
Fully baked! Yum!
As you can see it is on my cooling wrack but I just could not wait for it to cool. I had to cut into it immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment