About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sonoran dogs (Somewhat Easy)

My husband and I really like to watch the show Man vs. Food(Nation) on the Travel Channel and when you watch that show it makes you hungry. I watched this one episode when they were making these wonderfully, yummy hot dogs and we love Mexican food or any spin-off of it so I decided I would come up with my own recipe for making these yummy dogs and I did. I know you are probably reading this recipe and saying how unhealthy, you are right, but this is something you don't splurge on every day, maybe once every few months? Recipe follows below:



Take hot dog wrap in one piece raw bacon, fry in frying pan with the others.
Steam hot dog bun, if you don't have a steamer, it is not a make or break it kind of deal.
Put hot dog into bun and top with:
Pinto beans(I drained and rinsed my beans and warmed them up in the microwave), diced onions, diced tomatoes, jalapeno sauce, mustard and mayo

How I made my jalapeno sauce:
At Wal-Mart in the Mexican food section by the salsas they sell this brand called La Costena and it is a Green Mexican salsa. I bought that and poured the entire bottle in my blender and added 3 large very fresh chopped up jalapenos with seeds and pureed it (or if you like it hot, add more, when I made it I used 5-10 fresh jalapenos). I put the mixture back into the bottle and drizzled it over the hot dogs. Save the leftovers in the fridge to put on other things you like spicy.
Sonoran dogs are what these are called. Man vs. Food on the travel channel tried these dogs out in Arizona and they looked so good to my husband and I that I had to try and duplicate them. They are covered with pinto beans, onions, tomatoes, jalapeno sauce (I made myself, it is not sold in stores) mustard and some mayo. Umm, umm good!
You start out with bacon wrapped hot dogs fried in a frying pan.  I used 97% fat-free Hebrew National hot dogs. We ate them on steamed whole wheat hot dog buns.
To make jalapeno sauce I just bought this bottle of La Costena Green Mexican salsa, poured the contents into a blender, chopped up 5-10 jalapenos and blended it all together and put it back into the bottle. It is very yummy and what you don't use just store in the refrigerator and use on other food items you want to add a hot flavor too.

No comments:

Post a Comment