About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches (Easy)



What a great summertime dinner! It is the turning on of the grill that makes this such a great sandwich! So easy to prepare too! 

What you need:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick
1 bottle of Lawry's Herb and Garlic Marinade (picture down below)

Spread:
Combine together:
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 tbsp.Basil
2-3 tsp. Minced garlic

Toppings:
3 Roma tomatoes
Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried

Fresh french bread or sub rolls (I recommend the fresh French bread, it just tastes so fresh!)

Directions:
In the morning of the day you will be grilling this meal or the night before, pound out your chicken breasts to a 1/4 - 1/2 inch thickness. I lay mine in a glass bowl and I first pour some of the garlic and herb marinade in the bottom of the dish then lay the flattened chicken breast on the marinade, then I pour a little over that breast, then I do the next one, lay it on top of that breast, pour some marinade over that breast, and repeat for the remaining breasts. Refrigerate until you need to grill them. Grill your chicken breasts until the juices run clear, try not to burn them and dry them out. A little charring is okay, makes them even tastier. An hour before you start grilling your breasts, prepare your garlic and basil mayonnaise. It just gives time for the flavors to all meld together. Cut your French bread big enough to hold one chicken breast per sandwich, wash and dry your romaine lettuce leaves, slice your Roma tomatoes. Spread some garlic/basil mayo on your bread, lay your chicken breast on top of that, next top with sliced Roma tomatoes, then your Romaine lettuce, eat and enjoy!
The Garlic and Herb marinade I use.
My pounded out thin chicken breast in plastic wrap, I use a rolling pin, and my glass bowl for marinating my chicken breasts in.
A nice close up. This is one sandwich for one person. Me!
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment