About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Flavored Dip (Easy)

Another pumpkin flavored recipe to try out but this time I am trying it out on the neighbors. Neighborhood block party. This was very easy to whip up and tastes like a pumpkin cheesecake. I am serving graham crackers with it on the side for dipping. I would love to do sliced apples as well but this is an outside party and once the air hits the apple slices they will brown, no one wants to touch brown apple slices but it is something to try at home, also the creator of this recipe suggests gingersnap cookies.

http://www.copykat.com/2011/10/12/pumpkin-pie-dip/

Ingredients:
  • 1 8 ounce package cream cheese - softened
  • 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup powdered sugar(I used 1 1/2 cups)
  • 1 - 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice(I used 2 teaspoons)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:
  1. Allow the cream cheese soften by letting it rest until it reaches room temperature. 
  2. Cream together cream cheese, and pumpkin pie spice, blend with a mixer until smooth and fluffy. 
  3. Add 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, vanilla, and blend together well. 
  4. Blend in the remaining powdered sugar. This is best if it rests for an hour or two to allow the flavors to mingle together.
Serve with gingersnap cookies, apples, graham crackers or my favorite: Mission brand White Tortilla Cinnamon and Sugar Chips. Total YUM! Picture down below of chips.

Using graham crackers for this dip.
Serving suggestion
I found these on the chip aisle in Walmart in October, no doubt for the Holiday season. Very complimenting to this dip. When you buy them, if you buy them, stock up on many bags because they are sold for a limited time only.
Cinnamon & sugar chips and dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment