About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pumpkin Smoothie (Easy)

So good!  So good!  Love it!  The new drink of the Fall season for my family!  So much more healthier too than my pumpkin shakes which consisted of pumpkin puree, ice cream, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.  This smoothie is low fat milk, Greek yogurt, protein powder, frozen pumpkin pie mix, and cinnamon all blended together. Make it!  You will love it!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/10/pumpkin-smoothie/

Ingredients:

  • 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin pie filling (freeze ahead of time in an ice cube tray)
  • 3 cups low fat milk
  • 1 scoop of protein powder (I added this to this recipe, was not part of the original)
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain) up to 1 cup (I used 1 cup)
  • Many dashes of cinnamon

Directions:

  1. Well ahead of time, place pumpkin pie filling into a freezer-safe container. Freeze for a few hours or until frozen solid.(I thought a single large container frozen of pumpkin would be too large on the blender not to mention too hard on it when it came to breaking it up, I froze mine in ice cube trays over night covered with foil) (see picture below)
  2. To make the smoothie, add milk, protein powder, as much cinnamon as you like, and yogurt to a blender. Drop in the frozen pumpkin pie filling and blend until the frozen filling is completely pulverized. Add more milk or yogurt as needed to get it the consistency you'd like.
  3. Pour into individual glasses and sprinkle the tops with graham cracker crumbs. Serve immediately!
  4. *Note: Make a lower-calorie smoothie by using unsweetened/unflavored pumpkin puree, nonfat plain yogurt, and the sweetener of your choice.
  5. *Can also sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg instead of graham cracker crumbs. (I did not have cinnamon graham crackers in the house so I just sprinkled cinnamon on top)

Pumpkin pie mix in ice cube trays, much easier to toss in the blender one at a time. Cover with aluminum foil before freezing.
Frozen pumpkin pie mix cubes.
Greek yogurt that I used. It has no fat, no cholesterol, and 23 grams of protein per one cup.
My smoothie and I could have drank two of these! So good!

1 comment: