About Me

My photo
My blog is about how to be better organized with your meal planning, you can be one person or a family of 4 or more, planning is the key to knowing what you are going to eat every day and let’s face it, we all have to eat to live! So why not plan it out? It saves time and money! What comes along with meal planning? Ideas for meals! As time goes by I will add recipes I have made for my family that were liked, and anything you see here, was well-received.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Awesome Baked Beans (Super Easy)

Just seeing this picture makes me want to eat a bowl of these baked beans now!  My mouth is watering for them!  These baked beans are so delicious and so super simple to prepare.  I love how you can just throw all the ingredients in the crock pot and walk away for the day.  The original name of this recipe is called Slow Cooked Wildfire Beans but I had to rename them for my blog and just call them Awesome Baked Beans because they are awesome.  I have made these twice now for a potluck and both times they have been complimented.  This recipe feeds plenty!  12 servings at least! 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooked-wildfire-beans/detail.aspx

Ingredients

  • 1 (18 ounce) bottle Bob Evans® Wildfire BBQ Sauce (Honestly any barbecue sauce will do)
  • 1 (55 ounce) can baked beans
  • 2 (16 ounce) cans light red kidney beans, drained
  • 2 tablespoons molasses
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 1 (2.1 ounce) package Bob Evans® Express Bacon ( I used thick cut peppered bacon and oh my, is it delicious!)
  • 1 small onion, chopped

Directions

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir well. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 - 8 hours. 
 
I used about 6 slices of this thick cut peppered bacon, adds a nice flavor.
I could not find the Bob Evan's BBQ sauce so I substituted with Sweet Baby Ray's. Delish!
 
All the ingredients before the slow cooking process begins.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment